Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our Finance Apprenticeship, you’ll spend three invaluable years working right at the heart of our business – with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
From leading our planning cycle, to pricing our holidays, recording and reporting our customer’s revenue, and making and recording the payments we make to our thousands of suppliers across the world (and much, much more!), our finance teams play a crucial role in TUI’s success. We pride ourselves on partnering with the business, and you’ll gain first-hand insight into how our dynamic business operates.
Our Finance Apprenticeship Programme is an exciting opportunity to gain a professional accounting qualification (AAT), whilst developing a rewarding career in our Finance team. The programme involves three years of study to become AAT-qualified through two apprenticeships: Level 3 Assistant Accountant and Level 4 Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician, all the while being paid in a full-time permanent finance role. During the three-year programme, you’ll have the opportunity to experience two or three roles supporting different areas whilst you work towards your qualification. You’ll support a number of important roles within key areas of our department, where you’ll get the chance to roll up your sleeves up and get really stuck in.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
Duties will include:
- Work closely with the finance department to gain first-hand insight into how our dynamic business operates, including the opportunity to get involved with a variety of project work
- Process debits and credits
- Post journals into the finance system
- Reconcile balance sheets
- Produce reports
- Analyse data and reports
- You’ll also work towards the Level 3 Assistant Accountant and Level 4 Accounting/Taxation Technician apprenticeships, as well as the AAT qualification
- When you join our Finance Apprenticeship, you’ll be joining TUI as a permanent colleague - moving into a role with one of the teams you’ve worked with during the programme once you’ve finished your rotations
- Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Strategic thinker
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Hunger for learning, and a commitment to gaining both your Level 3 Assistant Accountant and Level 4 Accounting/Taxation Technician apprenticeships, as well as your AAT qualification
A passion for finance, as well an interest in the travel industry.
- Minimum of GCSE grade 4/C (or equivalent) in English and maths
- Our Finance Apprenticeship Programme is suitable for anyone without a degree. Perfect for those who have recently completed or are in the final year of their A Level or college studies and don’t fancy going down the university route
- Level 3 Assistant Accountant and Level 4 Professional Accounting/Taxation Technician
- On-the-job experience while studying for your professional qualification, with full support from TUI through a blend of virtual and in-person learning and assessment