Want to get your career off to a flying start? The sky’s the limit with TUI. We’re the world’s number one tourism business, operating in around 180 destinations worldwide, which means limitless global opportunities for you and your future.
As part of our Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship, you’ll spend four invaluable years working right at the heart of our business - with real responsibilities, and the chance to work on real projects. You’ll gain a unique insight into our exciting and dynamic industry, with exposure to many other functional areas and senior colleagues. You’ll have lots of fun during your time with us, and we’ll ensure you get the support you need every step of the way.
This is a fantastic opportunity to earn while you learn, working full-time for TUI in a variety of roles on a rotation basis including our Airline, Retail and Commercial functions and completing a Bachelor of Arts (Honours) degree level apprenticeship in Chartered Management over four years.
The degree is bespoke and designed by TUI and the University of Hertfordshire to reflect the modern needs of a global travel business, with learning modules such as digital marketing, data science and project planning, as well as management and leadership modules.
The blend of university lectures from the experienced faculty and our own internal experts, along with assignments and opportunities to experience different functions across the business, will create a rich and exciting four-year learning experience.
We recruit on a rolling basis and therefore recommend that you apply as soon as possible to be in with the best chance.
About the job:
During our four-year programme, you’ll have the unique opportunity to rotate around four core areas of our business. This means you could be assigned to a variety of roles across any part of the business, such as:
- Retail - this team are the face of TUI and provide ‘best in class’ customer service for our customers
- Airline - this team takes care of our planes and the people who work there
- Cruise - this team looks after our ships and the people who work there
- Commercial - this team develops our product and creates an exciting offer for our customers
- Sales & Marketing - this team markets our fantastic products and keeps our websites up to date
Whichever team you join, you’ll gain full insight and unparalleled experience across the business, and we’ll support you in your personal and professional development to ensure you’re equipped to reach your greatest potential.
You’ll also work towards a Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree apprenticeship.
When you join our TUI Management Degree Apprenticeship, you’ll be joining TUI as a permanent colleague - moving into a role with one of the teams you’ve worked with during the programme once you’ve finished your rotations.
Join us now and you can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, excellent rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Good communication skills.
- A passion for business, as well an interest in the travel industry
- Engages and collaborates with others
- Natural drive to achieve both individual and business results with a commercial focus
- Analytical approach to solving problems and creating solutions
- Brings innovative ideas and insights
- Adapts and shows resilience if faced with adversity
- Hunger for learning, and a commitment to gaining your Level 6 Chartered Manager Degree apprenticeship
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 6 Chartered Manager degree apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- During this four-year programme, you will gain a BA (Hons) Chartered Manager degree
- On-the-job experience while studying for your professional qualification, with full support from TUI through a blend of virtual and in-person learning and assessment