What will the apprentice be doing?
- Developing an understanding of the procurement process to realise best value
- Assisting the team with producing feasibility estimates, cost estimates and cost plans
- Assisting the team with building measurements and design assessments
- Management of project design and cost changes during construction
- Conducting site valuations and payments to the main contractor
Assisting the clients team with implementing the construction contract
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Our structured training programme will teach you technical and business skills to help you succeed in your career.
The cost consultant assistant apprenticeship working towards the Construction Quantity Surveyor Level 6 which consists of work-based experience and training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be eligible for membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) within six years. This alongside our bespoke training programme will help set you up for a successful future with Mace.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent in 6 subjects including Maths and English (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent in 3 subjects (Grade 112 UCAS Points) Essential