Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as a 1st Line Tech Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit a 1st Line Tech Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
Your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- 1st Line support
- Support of Windows Server 2008, 2011 and SBS 2008 and 2011, plus ancillary products such as Backup Exec, Microsoft Backup, Trend, Sophos, McAfee plus our own-branded Managed Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and Email Archiving services
- Infrastructure set up and maintenance
- Server management
- Regular checks throughout the day of Support Mail and Support System for new jobs and either resolution of reported issues or escalation to the team
- Assisting with the in-house preparation and configuration of Workstations, Printers/Scanners/MFPs, UPSs, Switches, Firewalls and Routers etc. prior to onward installation of these by the installation team (File Servers and Server-related equipment is prepared by the systems engineers prior to installation)
- Assisting with in-house repairs of equipment
- Ensuring loan equipment is ready for ‘next use’ i.e. re-configured after use back to its original condition
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive Microsoft training and accreditation through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer.
The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised. The skills, knowledge and experience you will gain whilst on the programme are invaluable, giving you the best possible start in your professional career within the IT industry.
A permanent position is available upon completion of the apprenticeship.
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- An enthusiasm for learning and working in a team environment
- A passion for providing excellent customer service
The company require a bright, enthusiastic, and hardworking individual with a genuine desire to learn and to build a career in technology. The company are looking for someone with a positive, highly self-motivating, can-do attitude and who isn’t afraid to ask questions.
Must associate themselves with the following values:
To be considered for this role, you ideally will hold a GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English, and in three or four other subjects at least.
You should have a GCSE, BTEC or A Level in ICT (or equivalent) or at least experience with the workings of computers and IT.
Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship standard.
The apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the
knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician.
The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
Computer Fundamentals & Security:
Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security, and troubleshooting.
Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services:
An introduction to the fundamental cloud concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices, and protocols.
Communication in Support:
Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.