About the Opportunity:
Atam Academy are looking to recruit an enthusiastic apprentice who is willing to learn and expand their IT skills. They provide support and training on cloud technologies such as Gsuite for education and Office 365 admin centres. The apprentice will also gain experience using Vsphere and Windows Servers.
What you will be doing:
The successful apprentice will increase the use of technology by ensuring all hardware devices are well maintained. They will also support staff with the use of technology to enhance learning.
- Monitor the IT Helpdesk and escalate more technical issues
- Assist teaching staff with distributing student laptops
- Perform a regular stock audit of IT equipment
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc.
- 1st line Service desk support– diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Support with technology asset management
- Supporting online learning via Google Classroom
- Working with the larger IT team to enable cross trust collaboration
The apprentice will be based full time on-site responsible for the 1st line support processes and IT issues that arise, supported by Primary Goal and Atam Academy working within the school.
This is a great opportunity for you to develop skills that will enhance your career in IT. With a Primary Goal apprenticeship, you will gain the knowledge to be able to move into a technical or curriculum-focused role. The opportunities are immense! We also offer a progressive step in some cases, onto our Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship programme.
- Feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Has experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Has the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- Has a true passion for technology
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills
- Loves helping others and enjoys working with people of all ages
- Has a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Has a true passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
We require someone who is educated to GCSE or equivalent standard in English and Maths grade 4/C (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc.)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module
You will also have the opportunity to network with a range of other apprentices on our programme who can share ideas, offer suggestions and support. Our apprentices love being able to help each other!
As one of our apprentices you will also have access to our online portal that will provide you with information and technical guidance, as well as links to the helpdesk to speak to technicians who can give real-time advice and support.