The successful apprentice will increase the use of technology by ensuring all hardware devices are well maintained. They will also support staff with the use of technology to enhance learning.
This will involve carrying out the following duties:
- Monitor the IT Helpdesk and escalate more technical issues
- Assist teaching staff with distributing student laptops
- Perform a regular stock audit of IT equipment
- Resolve problems associated with operating systems, networks, software, hardware, printers etc
- 1st Line Service Desk Support - diagnosis of IT issues and supporting users remotely using remote connection tools
- Installation of new software and hardware
- Maintain and fix other computing equipment
- Assist in system upgrades and system maintenance
- Support with technology asset management
- Supporting online learning via Google Classroom
- Working with the larger IT team to enable cross trust collaboration
The apprentice will be based full time within the school and will be responsible for the 1st line support processes and IT issues that arise, supported by Primary Goal and Khalsa Secondary Academy.
Full time employment.
- Someone who has a true passion for technology
- Someone who feels confident using hardware, software and other technical devices
- Someone with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Someone with experience working with children / young people is desirable!
- Someone with a passion to learn with enthusiasm and motivation to achieve success
- Someone who love helping others and enjoy working with people of all ages
- Someone who is committed to complete the full apprenticeship programme
- Someone with the ability to work well in a team and independently using their own initiative
- True passion for new and emerging technology. Is enthusiastic about digital developments and has an active interest in IT keeps up to date with current technology and trends
We require someone who is educated to GCSE standard English and Maths grade 4 (or above), or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths or the equivalent.
- Comprehensive digital pre-apprenticeship induction programme (including health and safety, safeguarding, PREVENT, technical and curriculum specifics)
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship standard
- e-learning training materials
- Specialist vendor and technical certificates
- Access to practice labs to develop technical competency
- 12 training days with Tablet Academy (specialist technology curriculum partner)
- Curriculum knowledge base (lesson plans, resources etc)
- Monthly assessor visits and competency checks
- Support desk (technical, curriculum and pastoral)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills and Key Skills development
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities module