What will the apprentice be doing?
If you are looking for an apprenticeship that will combine your passion for IT with the chance to kick start your career, this opportunity is perfect for you.
Harwin has been successfully providing apprenticeship opportunities for 20 years. Our trainees are a vital part of our workforce, and many have had long and rewarding careers with the Company.
As a 1st Line IT Support Apprentice, you will take on a varied and exciting role where no two days are the same. Closely supported by the Harwin team, you will learn how to:
- Receive, log and manage support requests from internal staff via the IT helpdesk
- Deliver 1st line support which will include troubleshooting problems with inhouse software, through to hardware such as Laptops, PCs, Mobiles, Barcode Scanners, Tablets and Printers
- Escalate unresolved support requests to the 2nd Line Technician/Sys Admin
- Maintain a high degree of customer service to all members of staff, ensuring that support requests are resolved in a timely fashion
- Manage End User Equipment - Purchasing, configuring and deploying end user equipment
- Create and manage user accounts on the company’s internal systems
- Manage daily tape backups – loading and initialising backup tapes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a 1st Line IT Support Apprentice, you will start on a permanent contract from day one and undertake a level three ICT Support Technician apprenticeship qualification.
This apprenticeship is 22 months in length and will involve ongoing onsite training and mentoring from the Harwin team combined with 25 days of off the job training at the PETA training centre in Cosham.
Industry qualification and training covering:
PETA Networking Fundamentals
PETA Server Fundamentals
PETA Security Fundamentals
10 Quality of Life (QoL) training days
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The career opportunities at Harwin are very varied. As we are an extremely dynamic organisation our roles change and develop frequently. We invest heavily in the training and development of staff in all areas of the business.
As a privately owned Company, we re-invest a very large percentage of our annual profit back into enhancing our processes, technologies, and people. We have a high staff retention rate and seek to give our employees as much opportunity as possible to achieve their career ambitions. You will be employed by Harwin from the outset of your apprenticeship as a demonstration of our commitment to the investment in you. 70% of the apprentices from the last 20 years are still with the business today.
Reality CheckBenefits: 25 days holiday + bank holidays. Incremental salary reviews as your training progresses. Excellent training programme. 3x salary life cover. Pension Scheme. On-Site Parking (first come first served). We would encourage early submissions of applications, as these will be considered on receipt and suitable candidates invited for interview. We reserve the right to withdraw the advertisement early if the vacancy is filled before the closing date.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Customer care skills, Team working, Initiative, Good telephone manner, Self-motivated, Respectful
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential