1st / 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer Apprentice - 17577
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Provide first line support for incoming live chat and phone calls.
- As the first person the customer will speak to, you will work with our current help-desk technicians to provide an overview of the problem and potentially fix if you can.
- Work closely with our current team to work out how we can improve the service we're providing to our customers.
- Investigate new technologies that are out or coming out soon that could be relevant to us or our customers.
- Take thorough documentation and notes on our client’s setups for future reference.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing support issues via phone, email or onsite visits
- Effective ticket management to meet defined service levels
- Escalate incidents to required support teams, vendors and team leads
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
- A professional telephone and email manner when communicating with clients and partners
- Excellent people skills for client visits, phone calls and remote support tickets
- Update other team members on situations in a clear, concise and timely manner
- The candidate will require a proactive working ethic and trust as may be left unsupervised
- Happy to provide daily feedback calls to the team for status updates
- Sense of urgency, if asked to email / call customer to do so on instruction promptly
- Productive attitude to work through tickets to clear your service queue
- Self-motivated and able to look for new tasks if work load quiet
- Microsoft server environments
- 1st line support for desktop, laptop and server issues
- PC and server hardware
- MS Office and associated MS apps
- Networking experience (routers, firewalls, wireless access points)
- MFP's - Printers - Networking
- Mobile Devices (iPad, mobiles)
- MS Windows Operating system experience (2000, XP, 7, 8, Win10)
- MS Server Operating systems (2003, 2008, 2011, SBS, 2016)
- Backup products (Symantec, Veritas, Google Drive Cloud services, DropBox Business)
- Active Directory - User Management
- Cloning and Imaging
- Support Protec project managers in the delivery of projects
- Flexible and pro-active approach to identifying customer needs
- Ordering and quoting of computer equipment
- Remote access tools
- Working within and to support onsite SLA's:
- Exchange Server experience (2003, 2007, 2010, 2016)
- 2nd line technical support
- Office 365 - Hosted Exchange
- Domain Management (DNS)
- Apple Mac Product Experience (Hardware and Software)
- NAS Drives (QNAP - Synology)
- VMWare - ESX Experience
3x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject, plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above.
Approximately 11% of training takes place in the QA learning centre classroom. 9% is done in the workplace, through online training, face-to-face meetings with your QA Technical Skills Coach, or developing your portfolio. The remaining time will be spent on your workplace activity.
Level 3 Infrastructure technician
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.